Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I tore my pants sending you these photos!














Not really, but it's a good title.   I did tear my pants, the cute new green ones I bought on my weekend trip...the ones that are comfortable and don't look ridiculous, unlike the "Ali Baba" pants that are part of the traditional dresswear of long top, baggy pants, that is worn uniformly by women in this part of Kerala.   Yes, that cool breeze I seemed to feel while riding my bike was in fact a cool breeze with inappropriate access to a certain part of my body that should have been covered.  But no more about that now.

I'm posting some photos from the weekend.  All the crowd photos are of the festival celebration I described in my last post.  The close up photos of vegetation are from our trip to a spice plantation on Sunday that I didn't write about.  Cardamom plants, pepper vines, coffee and cocoa trees, little tiny coconuts sprouting from the ground, only one per plant, nutmeg and rubber trees, allspice and curry leaves, gorgeous, fragrant and time consuming in their harvests and processing.  

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment